Citadel's Construction and Maintenance Manager, Barry Little, is working tirelessly on Rig 2's construction. Having a full complement of crew in place by the first week of November, it will be "all hands on deck" to ensure Rig 2 is on schedule.
Here is a sneak peek at Rig 2's progress:
- The mast is together and the stringing of lines and blocks are complete
- The pumps are wired in and piping is being assembled for pumping purposes
- The substructure has been painted and should be back at the rig-up yard by the last week of October
- All generators have been run and load-tested
- Commissioning of cyber-chair and drawworks is underway
- Rigging in all controls for wrench and top drive is underway
- Working towards a mid-November rig move
Citadel is excited for Rig 2 to join its active fleet. Stay tuned to the Knowledge Box for further Rig 2 updates.